Friday, June 24, 2011

Definitely not in college anymore

This has been quite the week. My friend, Randilyn, stayed with me for a few nights this week with her daughter Ella since the hubbies were out of town!! Randilyn is the Yukon H.S. POM coach. She has bright and early morning practices (at 6:30 A.M. people). Well, we did what you typically do at sleepovers, stayed up late talking. Too late. This happened the first night and the second night (no we did not learn our lesson after the first one).

When she got up Wednesday morning, I was so excited because I was going back to sleep for another 35 or so minutes. It was glorious. Then I heard this voice go, "Bri... I locked my keys in my car." What kind of cruel joke is this. The punchline was both sets of keys were locked in the car and she was NOT joking. I rolled out of bed, walked outside with a hanger, and we sat there for an HOUR AND A HALF trying to jimmy her door. AAA took forever. Thankfully, some nice gentleman who was up and driving around my neighborhood at 7:30 A.M. jimmied the door open with the hanger. The plus side, everything BUT baby Ella was locked in the car! She got to sleep in!

We were delightful on an average of 3-4 hours of sleep for two nights in a row and getting up and going to work early. I love my friend!!! We manage to keep ourselves entertained... Hurry home boys! We need you!

1 comment:

  1. Oh the joys of adulthood! But even more joyous is a friend who has stayed with you since college through adulthood!

    ReplyDelete