Thursday, August 26, 2010

I can hardly contain my excitement!! Hardly!! Fall is so close I can almost smell the fresh, crisp air. In my opinion, fall is one of the best times of the year. I have thought this since I was a little kid. There is nothing like a fall in the Midwest, Illinois to be exact. It is gorgeous there! The vibrant colors of reds and oranges and yellows. There's just something so welcoming about the cool, crisp air. I love being bundled up in sweatshirts and blankets just sitting around, or sitting around a fire roasting marshmellows. I know, you can roast marshmallows at any other time during the year, but this is just THE time for it. Another favorite thing is the apple orchards in fall. They have THE BEST apples. Honey crisp. Yum! Along with apples comes apple cider, apple cider doughnuts, sweet potato butter... Mmm. The list goes on and on. Fall just tastes good!

We have had a little bit of a cool front down here in Oklahoma, and I'm welcoming the thought of all things fall. I don't mind raking leaves. I need to pick out a great big pumpkin for Chase and I to carve. Football starts soon. It means busting out my boots, jeans, and sweaters. A good excuse to cuddle up next to my husband (it's hard to pretend you're cold in the blazing heat).

I just L-O-V-E fall. What's your favorite season, and why?

1 comment:

  1. I am totally with you! I walked outside the other day and I FELT fall! you know how it just smells a little different and the air finally doesn't feel so humid! This would be the best fall ever if you were here :-)

    ReplyDelete