Wednesday, September 22, 2010

PUMPKIN

Just so everyone knows, there is a pumpkin shortage. I was basically bummed when I heard this and scoured the shelves in every grocery store I could find for the orange cans of bliss. Well, I couldn't find them. I was going to resort to buying pie pumpkins and baking them and mashing their insides for some pumpkin flavor (thanks Mom for the idea).

Well, I found some pumpkin at Aldi, of all places, and it was only 89 cents a can. Monday was definitely my day. Chase accompanied me on the excursion. We bought 24 cans at Aldi (drove 20 minutes one way to get there). Well, we swung by the Homeland grocery store by our house (not kidding, right down the block) on the way home to get some necessities for our Pumpkin Pasta Sauce we were going to have for dinner.

I just thought I should look and see if Homeland has pumpkin... sure enough, they do! Chase couldn't resist laughing at me and asking "Did you not check this store?" "Well, honey, I checked the other Homeland 2 blocks away and they didn't have any. I just didn't think this one would."

Lesson learned, I should probably check the grocery store right by my house. Rest easy though. I have pumpkin, picked some up from Homeland that night (just in case) and went to the grocery store last night and picked up a few more (shh. Don't tell Chase). I think I am set for the pumpkin shortage. I figure if I stock up and silly people who aren't prepared need it, I can make a profit off of my 89 cent orange wonders!

2 comments:

  1. It's good to know someone is prepared in the event pumpkins run dry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited I found your blog! I will be reading!

    ReplyDelete