Monday, October 4, 2010

It begins today

It's true. Marathon training begins today! The Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon is in April. Yes, I realize we are beginning early, BUT we're trying to complete a beginner's training schedule and then move on to an intermediate one before April! We are starting traying for a walk/run marathon. We have our next 16 weeks of workouts printed off and (will be) hanging on our fridge when we get home. It's going to be that constant reminder that Chase and I both need.

We did the OKC Memorial Marathon (1/2 marathon) 2 years ago, and LOVED it. It was such a neat experience. Keep in mind, I could hardly walk the next few days. I loved it. It's such an amazing experience to run with thousands of people you don't know, all for the same reasons, and many different reasons. It was very moving.

Tonight's workout consists of a 3:2 ration. We run for 3 minutes, walk for 2 (yes it's the beginner style) and do this for 45 minutes. Keep me accountable. The weather is finally cooperating and is pretty cool. I'm looking forward to running, and maybe not sweating. Maybe...

1 comment: