Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Recap of 10 in 2010

2011 is RIGHT around the corner. How scary is that? It seems like the years go faster and faster! As a segue way to the year 2011, I thought I'd post the top ten things/adventures/memories that happened to us in 2010.

10. Ice Storm we got last January-- weather is always unpredictable in Oklahoma. We had the added enjoyment of a broken heater during this ice storm. Now, it wasn't necessarily a blast, but Chase and I spent a few days snuggled up in front of our fire place (literally we moved the couch right in front of it), to keep warm. Showers were miserable, but it's all part of the joys in our first year of marriage.

9. Exterran-- Chase works for Exterran, and they are one of the better things that has happened to us. He LOVES his job, which makes me so happy. Exterran has drug Chase away for me for training and other random jobs, but it has made our year great so far.

8. Dave Ramsey-- (with the help of Exterran) We are working towards paying off debt. So far, we have paid off our credit card and are working on my car now, and after that it's student loans. It's a slow but steady process. The hoidays were a little rough this year, and we weren't as good as we could have been, but we also didn't buy presents on credit, which was great!

7. Hailstorm from May-- this ranks as a top 10 for the memory of it. I am not sure I'd want to relive that nightmare. We had to deal with the insurance companies, landlords, weather debris. The storm was real powerful and seeing the aftermath was unbelievable. We were safe and I'm glad we weren't at our house when it happened. Thanks to the hailstorm, we have a car payment since my car got demolished by tennis-ball sized hail. Just another adventure for us...

6. I discovered the Pioneer Woman in 2010. I actually got her cookbook for Christmas '09, but with a week left in the year, I think I really discovered her in 2010. I am a huge fan of all things PW; her food, her photography, her blog, her book. She has been a big part of 2010. I have cooked some pretty good meals/cookies thanks to her. I have also shared her with everyone I come into contact with (almost).

5. Our 1 year anniversary-- It was great for the obvious reasons, we had been married a year. We are still on a honeymoon I feel, and I love it. Chase is a wonderful husband and an even greater best friend. He fills all my voids! He got me a DSLR camera for our anniversary that I love. I plan on devoting more time to it in 2011. I gotta make my man proud!

4. Thanksgiving Break-- yes, we were in the working world and still got a Thanksgiving break. We took the week off and went to Illinois to spend it with my family. It was nice going home and getting to stay there the full amount of time. We got some cold weather, and saw lots of loved ones. It's sad not being able to be with both of our families on holidays, but we are making it work the best we know how to with 800+ miles between my parents and his.

3. Montana-- I introduced Chase to Montana this year, and he loved it. I think he's converted! It's such a beautiful and magical place. I have spent my childhood going to Montana for vacations and I wouldn't trade them for the world. I have made some great friends there and I have such an admiration for the state. I got to share something special from my childhood with Chase, and I loved that.

2. Projects (see #1)

1. OUR NEW HOUSE-- we love being home owners. We bought a house in Yukon, Oklahoma and we love it. Since we have boughten the house, we have done projects on it (reference to #2). We built a pergola (with a lot of help from my dad) on to the back of the house, painted the inside (thanks mom), built a tool bench in the garage (thanks Chase), and poured concrete (thanks Jeff and Austin). Chase and I love to do projects. Tools was the only thing on Chase's Christmas list. I swear to you. He was like a little kid in a candy shop when he opened the Dewalt boxes. I am sure there will be more projects to come in 2011. There's a master bedroom project in the works now. I just can't sit still.

With all this said, I know there's no pictures. I am sorry (I can't get my work computer to work with blogger). I can't wait to see what God has in store for us in 2011. We have some projects planned, some trips planned, some funny moments that are unplanned, but sure to happen. I think I am ready to ring in the new year.

1 comment: