Sunday, May 16, 2010

Storm Stories

This is the size of hail we received... after it had melted an hour or two later....
Not even to begin the coverage of what our house looked like when we got home. 
Looking in my car from the sun roof....
And the back of my car. 

And my storm stories just keep getting better, according to mom! Oklahoma got another storm system through today. Rotation, but no tornado. You would think with the damages at our house, we had endured a tornado. 

We came home to the back windshield and sunroof completely knocked out with the hail. My front windshield was all cracked and spider-webbed. After we got over the shock of what my car looked like, we realized that we had more fish to fry. Our living room and kitchen windows were knocked out by hail. We had a huge mess on our hands to clean up. 

It's a work in progress now. Hello Monday!!! 

6 comments:

  1. Blah! That really stinks. I hope your insurance covers everything. I'll bet the windshield repair shops are making TONS of money this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting on insurance to come see me... and all of OKC is out of rental cars... most of Oklahoma is out of rental cars! Boo! At first I was thinking, "Yay, furniture shopping." Now I'm thinking this is not all worth the stress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry this happened to you!!! I remember tornadoes - that is why I am in Montan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sad thing was... no tornado!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really sucks! I'm sorry. Let me know if you need help with the clean up. Us Okies have to stick together :)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Shyla. Chase drove home from Davis last night to help a little bit!!! Nichols Hills sucks! You have to bag EVERYTHING! Who has time for that?!

    I've also got the insurance claim on my car and should be getting a new (to me) car this weekend! Hallelujah! We need to do dinner soon though!

    ReplyDelete