Tuesday, May 11, 2010

You're never too little to have fun...

Just makes me think of the movie "Hatari." If you haven't seen it, there's this hilarious scene with ostriches. They were fun to watch. 
As strange as this sounds, and as crazy as you think I am... There is nothing more graceful than a giraffe. I don't know how, or why, but they are so elegant in their moves. 
Who knew peacocks were this cool? I did know that the feathers made great decorations and a great theme for our wedding! 

Chase and I graced the Oklahoma City Zoo as a surprise date before he left for Davis. Unfortunately, I love to guess surprises and happened to get this one right, but he maintained his dignity and the surprise by lying and saying that wasn't where we were going. I knew better (because I'd had the same idea for a date, but he got to do his date first). We had a great day, and it was wonderful weather. 

"God created the Heavens and the Earth.." I just was in amazement at these magnificent creatures that we saw, and that's not even a touch on the surface of everything God created. It just blows my mind. Much less Adam, naming all of these animals. Can you imagine being Noah and his family and being on the ark with all of these. Praying that all ____ doesn't break loose between the whole animal kingdom, and their spouse. I just had such a great time at the zoo. We took our time, and took in the beauty and originality of all the creatures. We distinguished the difference between male and female peacocks (yes, that was my lesson for Chase), the difference between grizzly bears and brown/black bears (Also, my lesson to him. I thought it'd be useful before Montana this summer). 

And yes, the trip was even completed with a stick of PINK cotton candy, and sadly no pictures of us. I was too enthralled with the beauty of all the animals! 

3 comments:

  1. I used to love to go to the zoo every summer. I can absolutely make the sound of a peacock! I will demonstrate at camp if you wish. Can't wait to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely wish you would demonstrate the sound of a peacock. How have you waited that many years to tell me of this talent of yours?! Can't wait either. Less than 2 months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your life has been very busy and a lot of fun! We need to get together soon. Hopefully this summer my work travel schedule will slow down a bit and it looks like Clay will be home as well.

    ReplyDelete